The benefits of a Fall wedding
Today marks the start of a new season so let's embrace what this means. Statistically, October is the second most popular month to have a wedding (after June). Why is this? What makes this time of year so special?
- Leaves are turning a wonderful golden shade - why not match your wedding colours to those of your surroundings? Beautiful shades of orange, rich reds or even deep browns are a stunning choice for this time of year. A combination of all of these colours can give an impressive effect.
- The weather is cooling slightly - if you want to avoid the hot and sticky days of Summer when planning a wedding date, why not consider October for your big day? Being the most popular month of the year directly relates to the weather. Cooler temperatures but still days of sunshine. It’s a great time to hold your ceremony.
- Great scenery - autumnal colours as the backdrop creates the perfect canvas for photography. Where better to experience this than in a Central Park wedding.
- Unique seasonal flowers - likemums, carnations and sunflowers are now in season and will add vibrancy to your fall wedding décor. Adding accessories adorned with accents like wheat or clusters of berries also add to the autumnal theme.
- Seasonal Food - Fall can really be the focus of your food should you chose to add a theme. Take advantage of pumpkin season and add it to the menu. Whether this be a pumpkin soup for a starter or a pumpkin cheesecake for dessert - an autumnal addition that will be loved by all.
- Seasonal drinks - Hot apple cider and seasonal teas can take center stage of your hot drinks offering. Adding that little extra Autumnal cheer.
We think you will agree, these six reasons alone give a great basis as to why you should get married in the Fall.
Most couples will be arranging wedding plans for 2018 or even 2019 but there will be a few who are still to make arrangements for a wedding this Fall. If you are one of these couples and need some help with planning a last minute Fall wedding, please contact us as we have last minute availability and will be only too pleased to help.